Technology Errors & Omissions (Tech E&O) is one of the most important covers for any business offering a technology service or product, from software and hardware sales, app and games developers to hosting and platform providers. In the fast-moving world of technology, comprehensive Tech E&O cover is paramount to ensuring that protection is in place for potential mistakes or negligent actions which is where Safeonline can help. Safeonline is one of the most experienced Lloyd’s brokers when it comes to placing insurance for the technology industry and has placed Tech E&O for some of the largest technology companies in the world.
How Tech E&O protects you?
A Tech E&O policy is often purchased alongside cyber and privacy liability in a package that provides protection against online and offline services.
- Errors & Omissions – coverage for claims made against your company for general errors or omissions, breach of contract, infringement of intellectual property rights, defamation (libel or slander) and fidelity of employees.
- First Party Cyber Costs– coverage for system business interruption, system damage, electronic theft, crisis management costs and extortion and ransomware.
- Cyber Liability– coverage for third party claims for financial losses or the loss or theft of data caused by a hacker attack or virus that came from or passed through your system
- Privacy Liability– coverage for claims brought against you for breach of individual privacy rights or confidentiality increasingly important with new regulation.
Technology Claims Example
A software developer was contracted to create an online trading FX platform for a client. The client alleges that the software developer failure to deliver all aspects of the platform promised in the contract and files a claim against them for breach of contract on the design of the FX platform delivered.
Technology Product Summary
- Combined Tech E&O, Miscellaneous E&O, Technology Products, General Liability, and Cyber Liability on one policy. Also recommend purchasing General Liability within the package.
- Primary limits up to $15 million available but higher limits available through excess
- Full prior acts coverage available for first time buyer
- Waiver of subrogation and additional insured endorsements available
- Defence costs outside the limit available
- Risk management services available for no additional premium
- Media and intellectual property coverage built into policy forms
Why should you purchase Tech E&O?
- Protection against claims for breach of contract and infringement of intellectual property rights are occurring on an increasing basis and the financial consequences can be catastrophic.
- Heavily reliant on technology or provide technology services to third parties as a hacking attack or virus can be detrimental to your reputation and profit.
- Global technology companies will have contracts subject to various courts of law and you will need to ensure that your policy reflects this on a worldwide basis.
Safeonline are one of Lloyd’s largest technology & cyber insurance brokers, and we have relationships with over 70 capacity providers in the space. As well as having a portfolio of our own products and wordings, we work closely with lawyers and leading breach response experts to ensure that our clients have access to the leading coverage. As a result, Safeonline have been shortlisted for ‘Broker of the Year’ at this year’s Insurance Insider Awards.
Also, be sure to have a look at our Media section of the website, where you will find: an Insurance Glossary, helping to decipher some of the more complicated cyber-jargon; a GDPR blog, providing you with some insight into the new wave of data regulation that is soon to become effective; and our new ‘Emerging Technology Risks’ blog.
To get in touch with the team, please use the contact details on the right, or email email@example.com